Illinois or Minnesota collector plates

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Illinois or Minnesota collector plates
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph Schneider)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:05:15 -0500 (CDT)
does Illinois (or Minnesota) have a collector car registration status that
doesn't require smogging? my car is due to be smogged, a DPO has removed
all the smog bits, I actually bought an air pump to reinstall, but I'm
afraid the convertor (still present on my originally California '76
Spitfire) will burn up with excess fuel from the Weber DCOE, also there's
no place for EGR to go back to the Cannon intake manifold so I can't
reactivate EGR-
I don't have original manifold and carb, I'd be happy to comply with smog
rules, but it's out of the question for this car that I drive much less
than 1000 miles/year, it's not like I'm contributing much smog
if I can get collector plates and avoid smogging, I'd like to do that
thanks
Joe

The flogging will continue until morale improves
Joseph R Schneider, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School
100 Burch, Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
voice: (847) 570-2565  fax: (847) 570-2899  e-mail: joe-schneider@nwu.edu
world wide web page:  http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML