Reservations Now Being Accepted for VTR '99

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Reservations Now Being Accepted for VTR '99
From: "maineac" <maineac@gateway.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:06:04 -0400
We finally have gotten a committment from the Holiday Inn by the Bay in
Portland Maine for room rates during the VTR convention (July 28 - August
1, 1999).  All rooms in the host hotel will be $119 per night for the
duration of the event.  This took quite a bit of negotiation, as the hotel
is a very popular site for conventions as well as just tourists.  The
phone number is (800) 345-5050, or if you're already in Maine (or you like
paying long distance charges) (207) 775-2311.  I have been told that they
WILL accept reservations now.

The overflow hotel is the Radisson Eastland Hotel in Portland.  It is an
easy 2 block walk from the Holiday Inn, and is a hotel in the older "grand
style" of downtown hotels.  Some may prefer it for its "ambiance", not to
mention the cocktail lounge on the top floor with a view of the city and
bay that is really fabulous!  We have made arrangements with the city of
Portland to block off the street in front of the Holiday Inn for parking.
If you choose to stay at the Radisson, you can still park your Triumph with
all the others.  The Radisson's phone number is (207) 775-5411.

Make sure that you tell them that you're reserving for the "Vintage Triumph
Register" event so you get the special rate (if you think the convention
rate is high...)  If anyone has trouble with the reservations desk, let me
know directly so I can work it out with the hotels.

The hotels will not accept reservations for "blocks" of rooms, so you will
have to call individually for your rooms.

See you in July...

Tom Walling
Co-Chair, 1999 VTR Convention
Bowdoinham, ME