wierd miss-part II

Subject: wierd miss-part II
From: "Bryan Loy" <paradise@icx.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:05:47 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
Thanks to all who responded to my TR6 tune up problems.   Now, here's
another.  I bought a set of points
from a local Advance Auto parts store, and when I went to install them, they
weren't the right ones.  I looked
in the TRF catalog at the exploded distributor diagrams and the looked
right, but they didn't look at all like
the ones that were on my car.  I went to another auto parts store and looked
at what they offered, but they were
the same thing, not like the ones on my car.  My question is this:  Is there
another distributor, perhaps GM that
is commonly used on this car?  What do I have?  I don't know the fellow that
did the restoration on this car, but I was told by his brother that
everything new on the car came from TRF.  These points don't look right
though, and the ones I bought won't fit.  Any suggestion from the list?
Again, thanks in advance.
Bryan