Removing bolt/tar

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing bolt/tar
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:01:33 -0500
List,

I am trying to take the p-side front spring/shock off of my TR250. Followed
Bentleys, and tried to remove the 4 bottom nuts from the shock absorber. 3
of them loosened up, no problem. Of course, one of them is locked up tight.
Have tried WD-40 to no avail, and have begun to strip the nut. So, in order
to avoid cutting off the stud, which I do not want to do, I have purchased a
Benz-O-Matic propane torch to loosen it. Is this the typical method? I ask
because I have never done anything like this before, and don't want to do
further damage to the nut. Any help would be appreciated.

Have had no real problems removing tar from the underside, just a little
patience and a good screwdriver/putty knife. I guess once the tar reaches 30
it dries out pretty much. Will say that paint thinner and OOPS! remover have
worked wonders. Removed tar/adhesive like a dream.

Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt. 2284
68 TR 250 CD 5853 L