Musings Z3 and TR's (was Re: Re-emergence of Triumph etc.)

To: musson@satie.arts.usf.edu
Subject: Musings Z3 and TR's (was Re: Re-emergence of Triumph etc.)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:53:18 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> A little off topic; and now can't remember where I saw it.  During my
>  travels this summer I saw a Z3 with the license plate "MY NU TR6"  Not
>  sure if the person traded a '6 for it or was expressing his belief's.

My dentist has a Z3.  He always wanted a TR.   He is evincing all the crazy
signs which we evince.  Difference is he doesn't have to do all the nutty
maintenance things which we do.  He is young enough to want a sports car, and
affluent enough to afford a new one.  And he has a young family and not as
much time for a "car hobby."

But, hell, I didn't do those maintenance things in the '60's.  I took it to
the dealer - under warranty.  My TR4 was reliable, ran well and never failed
me.  After about 3 years (end of warranty) I found that I prefered (grin)
working on her myself.  Now that we're both older, she takes a little more
care.  But I still have fun.   Each generation does its own thing.

BTW - IMO, the Z3 is a good car.  It is in the true sports car tradition.

Art Kelly