TR4 Instrument Bezel Panel Finish

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Instrument Bezel Panel Finish
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:39:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Is there anyone out there that has a early TR4 with a white dash and a black
instrument cluster bezel?

My task is to restore the dashboard of my 62 TR4 to white painted metal as
original.  My original 62 TR4 had the white dash and I prefer it.  The car
has a wooden dash on it now.  With the help of Dan McNamara, I have
acquired the original metal glove box door and hinges as well as the
trapezoid shaped instrument bezel.  Dan's source for the bezel was a very
early TR4 so the bezel is the bright metal type with a checkered pattern
like the
plinth bezel.

My car's bezel would have been painted in black wrinkle paint.  I'm a right
about that.  When I look at  the Piggot book I get no closeups of the dash.
I took detailed closeups of a concours quality white dashed 62 TR4 in Boston
this summer and those pictures don't show any of the checkering pattern as
on my part but instead almost look like a leather pattern vinyl covering.

Can I use this early part.  If I do... should I use a filler to hide the
checkering before I wrinkle paint.

Any help will be appreciated

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA