Re: What IS that?

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: What IS that?
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:00:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil,

   I was wondering about that one myself.  The bike looks like
a later Brit bike (circa early seventies) , because it has a disc
front brake and rubber gaiters on the forks. Thosa mufflers rad-
iating out like that also reminds me of the Triumph Triple's exhaust-
abiet on a grotesquely expanded scale.
  The owner also looks like a Brit.with all those buttons on his leather
jacket, and his hair tucked around his ear.  American bikers don't do
buttons, care about their ears, or tuck their pants inside their boots.
As for that air cooled vee twelve or double you twenty four, ( count the
spark plugs and wires)  I think that's just gotta be some sorta prop.
There's no room for a transmission, not that one would need more than
one ratio.  But how does the drive from the engine, which looks like the
rear end of it brushes the rear tire, get transferred to the engine?

                                                               Joe IV
                                                               TR 250
                                                     WALLINGFORD, CT. USA

P.S. My wife said it looks like something Tim "The Tool Man" taylor would build.