"Butt Sag"-DON'T CUT CORNERS!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Butt Sag"-DON'T CUT CORNERS!
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph Schneider)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:13:13 -0500 (CDT)
I can't keep my keyboard silent any longer, the cause of this seems nearly
always to be a broken leaf in the rear spring with much lower frequency
contributions from bushing or trunnion problems, check these alternatives,
but a new spring is likely the solution, it comes with bushings installed,
replacing the rear spring is grunt work, but can be done in 4 hours or less
(when I did it, two of the nearly four hours were trying to get the studs
to re-thread into the diff housing), if you shop, you can get the spring
from one of the mail order houses on sale for $130 plus shipping, your car
will look perfect instantly and it will be the most permanent, safest
repair- don't cut corners with brakes, suspension, or steering, do the
right fix right away!
Joe

The flogging will continue until morale improves
Joseph R Schneider, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School
100 Burch, Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
voice: (847) 570-2565  fax: (847) 570-2899  e-mail: joe-schneider@nwu.edu
world wide web page:  http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML