Horn wiring TR4A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Horn wiring TR4A
From: Ronald & Irene <zulu@globalxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 14:43:45 +0200
Listers,
Would appreciate some advice on the horn wiring of our 1966 TR4A.
The previous owner added a by-pass from the horn switch (steering
column) to the horn relay. I just can't figure out why, since it doesn't
seem that any wire has been broken, burnt or otherwise.
Would like to bring the situation back to original.

The workshop manuals available to me only show wire diagrams for
positive earth cars without the additional horn relay.

Here's the actual situation:
Purple/black wire from main loom to the double connector on the relay.
Purple/yellow wire from the double relay connector to the horn.
By-pass wire from horn switch to the single relay connector marked "1W"
Brown/blue wire from main loom to the middel relay connector.(colour
could be black/blue).

If some of you could check the wiring on their TR4A's and send me the
colour codings on their car, it would be of great help.

Ronald Rooij
1966 TR4A  (chassis and engine/tran complete ovhl in progress)
1964 DAF31 (engine ovhl in progress)
1972 DAF55 coupe
1974 Citroen DS20 (stored)