GT6 F-F Exhaust Options?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 F-F Exhaust Options?
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:49:20 -0400
I've posed this question in the past, but now, I'm actually getting serious
about the
job.  The 6-2-1 header for my GT6 is on the way from
Triumphtune, and I need to decide on a free flow exhaust system to
attach to it.  Chris Kantarjiev has done an nice job with his GT6+, customizing
a 2" aluminized steel pipe, fitted between the header and a Supertrapp muffler.
I'm interested in a similar arrangement, but frankly, I'm a showoff at heart,
and the Supertrapp just isn't very showy.  On the other hand, there is no way I
want
to fit Monza twin pipes (which I have on my TR6); they look great, and bark
like a dog when you step on 'em, but they are fatiguing for trips over, say,
3 minutes in length.  I'm looking for something less noisy, without performance
loss.  Do I have other options, or should I go ahead with the tuneable
Supertrapp?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6