Why

To: "Irwin Armstrong" <armstrong@btinternet.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Why
From: "Michael T." <carrera@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:01:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Irwin writes:
 I am interested in why you all drive Triumphs or other classic cars,
given that they all break down, are draughty, cost lots of money to
keep on the road, give an endless supply of skinned knuckles and all those
problems to solve.
 Lets hear it from you all.

Now, I've responded with my reasons already but have a question of my own
that has risen out of ALL our responses;
Why do we assume Irwin's question denoted negativity?
He just asked 'WHY'?
He might have asked: Why get married?
                                 Why buy a house?
                                 Why have kids?
                                 Why ride a motorcycle?
Sure, there are negatives that could have been listed with all the above.
BUT, would we answer in the negative or positive?
Come On! If WE aren't the evergreen (BRG) optimists, who is???
Thanks, I feel much better now...

Mike
'74 TR6