RE: Spit costs

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: RE: Spit costs
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:20:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Ken,
>
>Where did the three grand go?

$1,500 was for three transmissions, $800.00 was for interior work, new
seats, panels, rug, etc. The other $700 was for miscellaneous parts, I
replaced the thrust washers in the motor, I think there was an axle problem
in there somewhere, too, I replaced the axle bearings, front and back and I
re-verneered the dash. I rebuilt the carb, replaced the horns and wiring,
replaced the bonnet locator pins and those bonnet pivot sleeves that go
over the bolts, I put air shocks in it, rebuilt the clutch master cylinder
(which is leaking again), replaced the heater valve, fusebox, light switch,
turn signal switch and put new vinyl on the dashpad and god know what else
I did to it. Oh, yeah, I bought one of those bullet racing mirrors just for
looks (about all they're good for, too).