Re: Removing adhesive

To: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Removing adhesive
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:24:40 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP wrote:

> Starting to strip out the interior to get the my TR6 ready for body work and
> repainting.  What should I use to remove the old adhesive that is left when
> I pull out the old vinyl.  Would like to get as much off as possible to save
> time at the repair shop.
>
> Frank
>
> '76 TR6 CF57005U

Do yourself a favor and go to a auto paint & body shop supply house, buy
a gallon of "Tar, grease, and wax remover, it's only about 12.00 a gal.,
compare this to a auto parts store @ 9.95 a qt.. You also use this to
strip old wax off once a year for a great concours wax job, always much
cheaper by the gal. than a pint, and you always have it when you need it.
Sorry, I forgot, yes it also removes adhesive and weather strip gunk.