POR-15 and deruster ??s

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: POR-15 and deruster ??s
From: Shawn Mann <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:08:36 -0700
Listers,

I'm looking for some advice for solving a rust problem.  The driver's
side floorboard of my TR6 has suffered extensive surface rust as the
result of 15 years of storage with the top down in the PO's leaky
garage.  I've removed all of the loose rust and have determined that the
floor panel is still completely solid (the car is from Los Angeles, so
the wet periods were fairly far between).  Being a fix it half-a**ed
kind of guy, and seeing as I have no plans for a body-off resto any time
soon, I'd like recommendations as to the best way to stop the rust from
spreading (and finishing off the panel) before I cover it up with a new
carpet set.  In other words, it doesn't have to look good, it just has
to stop the rust.  I've heard POr-15 bandied about the list, but don't
know much about it.  Would it be an appropriate solution?  If not,
suggestions??

TIA,

Shawn Mann
70 TR6