SPIT TRANS

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SPIT TRANS
From: autoxr@zebra.net (Erik Bjorkner)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:40:31 -0500
I have a single shifter rod trans ('75 I believe) that is leaking from two (2)
places.. I know that means it has oil in it but I still wanna stop those leaks.
 It is leaking from a bolt on the right (passenger) side just aft and behind
the fill plug.  The parts book doesn't really illustrate this bolt so I am
reluctant to pull it out and make a gasket for it as with my luck it would hold
something critical in place.  The next place is on the top of the trans where
the shifter rod goes through a little round box (I know what it reads but I
know of no other way to describe it) with a hole angled about 15 degrees from
the top to the passenger side.  It looks as if maybe a plug goes in here but
cannot see any visible signs that one was pried out.  Needless to say, it leaks
very much when in a hard left turn and then either drips onto the inside floor
from under the cover or on to the exhaust and smokes.. not exactly what one
wants especially when the SS is near by!!  Any suggestions would  greatly be
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Erik