re: TR6 steering rack mounts

To: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: TR6 steering rack mounts
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 98 8:10:00 -0600
        I have had the aluminum mounts on my steering rack for over a year
now. I have had no problem at all. They do take the slop out of the
steering, but will not make up for properly repaired and maintained
steering components. Make sure all of your front end busings are good, as
well as your tie rods and all other steering related pieces first. If those
are all in good order, and the steering is still a little rubbery, then try
the aluminum mounts. Otherwise, the aluminum mounts could hide a more
serious problem from you. They definitely tighten the steering,(your rack
won't move under load anymore) thereby increasing road feel as well.
        You can try and access the mounts without removing the radiator, good
luck. To make your life easier, take the radiator out (you probably should
flush the system out anyway) and avoid the skinned knuckles and tool
throwing. It is pretty straightforward and a very quick swap (with the
radiator out).

Shawn
-------------
Original Text
From: "Canada" <canada@voyageronline.net>, on 10/22/98 8:11 PM:
Hello, listers--

Has anyone had experience with the Moss aluminum steering rack mounts?
Do they eliminate the slop in steering?  Are they difficult to install?
Worth the extra $$?  I haven't found a lot of details in the Bentley
manual on replacing the rubber mounts; is it necessary to remove the
radiator to replace them?

TIA

Ian CF57345U