Re: TR6 rear hub rebuild advice/sources

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear hub rebuild advice/sources
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:54:22 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Cregg:

I just had this conversation (via e-mail) with
a club member (CPTC). He indicated that since
i'm doing a complete suspension rebuild this
winter I should check the rear hubs. He indicated
that the studs can pull the thread right out of
the trailing arms, due to their being soft cast
alloy. It is my understanding that Helicoils from
NAPA will fix this. This is a dangerous situation
and should be checked and repaired.

The 6-pack letter did an article on this common
problem and how to correct it. I am having the
article sent to me, but maybe someone on the list
could help you with getting a copy?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6