New Part Failure

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Part Failure
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:12:12 -0500
  To make a long story short, 800 miles after some rear end repair (to the TR6,
not me), I've got a horrendous CLUNK when accelerating or backing off that is
definitely coming from the rear end (again, in the car, not me).  After poking
and prodding (and removing and lubricating both half-shafts), it was determined
that one of the brand new mounting rubbers ( one of the big $20.00 ones) for
the rear end had split and failed miserably (I'm so glad another lister had
suggested that I change these while I was replacing the pinion seal (which, by
the way, no longer leaks!))( ;-)).   I'm sure the place I bought it will offer
me another one free, but I'm afraid it will be worth exactly what I pay for
it.  Has anybody else had a similar failure, and do any of the 'non - big 3'
suppliers offer diff rubber stops that  won't fail after less than 1000 miles?
Thanks.

Dennis Culligan /  '76 TR6 CF57948U  / Highland ,NY
              DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM