Re: question ...

To: mgc@bninter.org
Subject: Re: question ...
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:34:14 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Sylvain

> -1-  I read a mgs re. matching numbers and the "BMIHT"...: what is this
>      org. and what is the fax number ?

British Motor Industry Heratige Trust
Fax number is (from the United States) 011 44 1926 641555

> -2-  Why is it important to have matching #s on a LBC... and where can I
>      read these numbers on a car of interest (before buying it) ?

Its not really "important" to have matching numbers.  When a car does
have matching numbers it tells you the potential buyer that the car is still
pretty much as it was when it came from the factory.  Matching numbers
can at times also add some to the value of the car if it is being restored back
to factory original condition. The numbers of interest are the Comm #,
body #, differential #, engine # and the transmission #.

If I was looking at two different cars of the same model and they were both
in similar condition I would prefer the one with "matching" numbers.  Just
personal preference I guess.

Hope this helps.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964  Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1961 TR4                   CT288L (OD)
1966 TR4A                (Parts Car)
1959 TR3A  (2)          (Two to make one?)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108