Triumphest '98

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumphest '98
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:43:26 -0800
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Got back yesterday after a truly wonderful Triumphest.  I must congratulate
every one (Jan are you listening [shameless plug]) for a GREAT event.  With
over 200 cars in the parking lot saw just about everything.  Several
Heralds, a PI TR250, many Stags, and the usual TR6's, 4's, 3's, 2's  Spits
and GT's.  The rally Sat afternoon was fun despite getting rained on and
actually having to put the top up!!  Hotel accommodations were superb,
(even if the bar did close at 11:30)??  The trip home was delightfully
uneventful, and I didn't have to stop, except for gas, even going through
LA (a first I think).  And yes, Laura is just as much a character in person
(and I mean that in a good way :-}) as she is on the net (did you find Eric
from Moss, he was looking for you on Sun?  I think if you work it right,
might be able to get a discount on those performance parts to achieve 150
bhp *wink, wink*).  The only thing I regret is not having enough time to
talk to everybody.  With so much to do and only a few days, things get
busy, and before you know it it's time to say goodbye!!

Oh well, just more incentive to get the project done for next years
Triumphest!!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (someday soon back on the road)