Re: TR6 Dashboard

To: jklinn@kw.igs.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Dashboard
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 13:28:02 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I refinished my 73 TR6 dash over 12 years ago, I decided to glue a 1/8" thick
piece of teak over the existing plywood dash. I used boiled linseed oil for
the finish because I did not want any sun splitting to occur again like the
original dash had. My dash still looks like it did 12 years ago.
You will have to reach under the dash on the drivers side and unscrew four
knurled nuts and slide back the clamps (two clamps per gage) that secure the
two big gages to the metal dash which is behind the wood dash, then the wood
dash should become loose enough so you can look behind it to continue the
removal.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6