Re: Spit bonnet cracks

To: "Matt Barre" <mbarre@juno.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spit bonnet cracks
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:51:33 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
It's a start Matt,  but remember that the latches are to hold the hood
assembly in place and not to be used as handles to raise the hood by.  They
were not designed to take the stress of raising the bonnet.  Do not use a
double plate because this will throw the clearance of the latch out of wack.
Just fix the cracks, prime and paint. And remember that the latches are not
handles to raise the bonnet, no matter how easy they are to grab hold on to.
As newbies to the vehicles we all made the same mistake, so don't feel to
chastised.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas