RE: TR4 oil pressure

To: "'jmwagner'" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 oil pressure
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:59:13 -0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I did have the pressure going up quite high on start up as well, which might
indicate that the spring is not in exactly as new condition, its probably
advisable to renew the plunger as well which may stick. OTH folks have tried
to get oil pressure up with tired engines, this will work, but it will not
cure the problem, you can do that as temporary relieve when you run into
trouble on a journey or so, but it won't make worn bearings new again.

Gernot