Oil pressure relief valve (was Re: Received Carb Info)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil pressure relief valve (was Re: Received Carb Info)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 23:31:21 EST
In a message dated 98-11-06 18:46:21 EST, Rengrave@aol.com writes:

> I know where the pressure relieve valve is, but I don't know how to check if
>  it is working properly.
>  Can anyone help?

Wayne for a TR4 (if that's what you have):

With the engine at operating temp. gradually rev to 2000rpm.  The pressure
should steadily rise to 75psi..  At 2000rpm the pressure should drop to 70.
If that does not happen then loosen the nut and adjust the screw CW to
increase the opening pressure or CCW to decrease it.

If that doesn't work and you decide to get a new spring then:
First check whether you have a Purolator or Telcomite filter
housing.  Buy a new spring ( and the tiny ball, as long as you are in there)
from TRF or one of the others.  Replace it -1/2 hour job - then set it up
according to the istreuctions above.   Cheers.

Art Kelly