Re: SU Carb Fuel Lines

To: EYEGOR@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb Fuel Lines
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 06:15:16 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I have swapped the ZS Carbs of my '74 TR6 for SUs.  I'm at a loss with the
 fuel line setup of the new HS6s.  There are 2 tubes on the float chamber
 lid, obviously one is for the fuel line but what is the use of the second
 tube.  My guess is to connect the 2 carbs but for what reason?  Which is
 which?  Help. >>

SU H6 (TR3) carbs are as you describe. The second tube is, I believe, an
overflow which is normally directed toward the air cleaner. There is normally
a short (1-1/2" or so) length of rubber tube and then a short length of steel
tube bent about 80 degrees or so.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B