Re: Figure 8 gasket sealing compounds

Subject: Re: Figure 8 gasket sealing compounds
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 07:36:24 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I use Permatex No. 2 semi hardening. I'm hoping that the sealant will keep
the rust from developing on the sealing surface as well as aiding the seal.
I'm using the VB cheapo stamped steel replacement figure 8's (.003" too
thin) with BFE's slightly tall liners (.0035" too tall). I'd bet that the
OEM copper would be fine without sealant, but would still use a thin
coating.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race