inches of water - thanks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: inches of water - thanks
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:08:21 -0500 (EST)
Thanks for all the responses on inches of water.
I will be putting the TR6 back together sooner or later (later) the emissions
leakdown test (yes, I was sitting in my home library annex - Triumph
section) is one of the things I'll check as I go. As I tend to use the BIFFI
(Brute Force and ******* Ignorance) method of repair - if a little bit's good
more's better, I thought I'd check to see how close 20 inches of water was to
80 PSI. Thanks to your responses I will not be running a leakdown test that
looks like a Bruce Willis movie - gas tanks exploding, vacuum and fuel line
flailing wildly, garage going up in flames, etc. 20 inches of water is closer
0.7 PSI.
Thanks again, glad I asked.
Andy D.