Re: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, tr6guy@juno.com
Subject: Re: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:42:13 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 11/12/98 2:44:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

<<  As for telling if someone is lying, I think it would be rather easy to
 > tell the trailer queens from the drivers.

 Just a guess: you've never been to a meet with Jim Holewka also in
 attendance, right? Jim's car is driven hundreds (or thousands) of miles to
 a meet, run hard in moving events, and then cleaned up for the show. And I
 daresay you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere a better and more correct
 example of an early TR6 now or when the cars were new.

 It CAN be done, right Jim? >>

Actually, when I originally brought up the subject of "new" Triumphs, I was
trying to get some opinions on judging cars that were built using a completely
new body and other parts (is a new TR6 frame available yet?).  If I build a
"reproduction" TR6, which I then drive around a lot and then enter a show, is
it reasonable to judge it in the same class are "real" TR6s?

Don Marshall