TR4 Brake Calipers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Brake Calipers
From: Schloss3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:56:58 EST
Taking a survey here.  For you TR4 owners, what type of brake calipers have?
I have a choice between the split caliper type and the one piece type with the
bridge pipe.  The split calipers are apart and according to Moss, this should
not have been done because of the lack of information to rebuild them.  Also,
there are O rings between the two halves does not seem to be available.  Has
anyone had these sucessfully rebuilt?  The easy solution would be the one
piece calipers, but wanted to find out whether getting them back together was
feasible.  By the way, the PO had dismantled these, not I.  I've ordered
rebuild kits and pistons since they are the same for both types.  I want to
get new hoses and these are different.

Paul Brandsema
High Point, NC
61 TR4 CT133