Engine Rebuild

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Rebuild
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 98 8:30:49 CST
Well, I finished the engine rebuild this weekend.  I'm happy to report that
all went well. All cylinders have good, equal compression (155 lb per) and
oil pressure holding steady at 60 psi.  Many thanks to all who helped out
with tips. As this was the most major engine rebuild I've attempted, I
needed all the help I could get.  I haven't put it on the road yet, as the
apron and interior aren't in yet, but should have it done this evening.  I
noticed that the idler arm has a slight amount of play in it, so looks like
some front end work is in order as the next project.  The Silentblocs feel
good, but will probably change them, too.  At this rate I'll never get
started on the spitfire rebuild!  It's always something, and I guess with
LBC's one never gets bored!

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas