RE: Alarms

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Alarms
From: "Ricker, Brian R." <rickerbr@Maritz.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:41:13 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
> Philip wrote:
> > I was wondering what some of you had done to prevent your classic
> > cars from being stolen.
>
> Put them on axle stands in a locked garage... No?  It works! ;-)
>
> > I'm thinking of putting in bonnet locks to my Spitfire along with
> > an immobilizer switch mounted in the firewall, accessible in the
> > cubby hole on the drivers side, but with the workings on the engine
> > bay side.
>
> That's roughly what I once did to my Spitfire. I also added an alarm
> kit. [And put it up on axle stands in '83 - still not stolen! ;-) ]
>
> On the '8 there's going in a breaker in the battery main line, and
> when I can afford it; Keyless entry kit and Alarm kit plus a Starter
> motor immobiliser. The keyless kit will be enhanced with the rear
> door handles from the LandRover Discovery [no key holes!].

On fuel-injected cars I always pulled the fuel pump relay (these were all
American cars with the relay either accessable under the dash or under hood.
I think pulling the rotor (which is what I do with my '6) is good enough
(unless
you've been targeted by some sort of professional, but then again there's
nothing
you can do about that).

Right now if some one wanted to steal my TR6 it would take them about three
trips
to get it all.....