Re: TR6 clutch release shaft bushing removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch release shaft bushing removal
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:56:30 -0500
Peter Zaborski wrote:

> The one thing I would recommend (I did this) is to use two per side --
> especially on the lever arm side. There is room for this and the bushings
> are relatively inexpensive.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---

 Pete,

We use the early TR-2 - TR4 7/8" bush in all the 'boxes we do, it is a much
better way
to go.  Moss part number is 330-220, TRF # is 36998.  Note that the catalogs
show two
different bushes for LH and RH.  The difference being a slot for a tangent pin
in the
early transmissions on RH side.  330-220/36998 is the LH bush with no slot, use
a pair
of these.  Install one on each side as the bore is identical on the later
'boxes.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars