Re: GT6 175 CD's

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: GT6 175 CD's
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:47:39 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dave Terrick wrote:

> Guys, Guys, Guys,
>
> read your Kastner!

"Kastner" -- what is that, like some 1950's beat generation writer?

  There is "no problem" with the stock carb until you pull
> over 6,000 revs.  Do you?

Oh sure.  But only when I'm first warming up the GT on really cold mornings.
After the first 30 seconds or so, I back it down to 5500 or so.

 I ran the 150's on a full race (S4 cam) motor and
> can attest to the number Kas quotes.

So you were generally happy with the 150's?

> That said, however,  and considering my general distate for ZS carbs, first
> I'd go to triple webers.  Now, for those who's budgets are like mine (aka:
> imaginary) the 175's OR su's will work.

Triumphtune recommends the 1 3/4 inch SU conversion for GT6.  Is this
unnecessary?  And wouldn't a 2-litre engine that was equipped with a
header/free flow exhaust train begin to require the intake capacity of
a 2.5 litre (TR6) stock engine with its 175's?  Inquiring minds want -- nay,
need -- to know.

> Having said all that, I've done neither.  I am holding out for Webers as
> they do not go rich in corners under race conditions.

Problem is, you put Webers on your car, and you
don't go rich yourself, in corners or anywhere else.  Dang.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6