TR6 transmission oil

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 transmission oil
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:06:18 -0800
I picked up the latest issue of Practical Classics at the newstand yesterday
and ran across a little item that I thought I ought to ask the list about.
Under letters to the Editor there is a question about 80W/90EP gear oil vs.
20W/50 engine oil use in the transmission.  Apparently this place "Chestnut
Classics" recommends using the 20W/50 engine oil in the trans for "improved
gearchanging and giving the unit an easier life" even though the factory
recommended the heavier oil.  Anyone have any experience or "opinions" about
this?

Another item of interest for TR5/6 and 2500PI owners is a new electronic fuel
injection system developed by Chestnut Classics of Barnack, Stamford, Lincs
(01780 740945).  Main components are Bosch electronic fuel injectors, a
modified BMW fuel manifold with pressure relief valve, fuel pump and electronic
control unit (ECU).  Original TR P.I. manifolds and linkage are retained.  It's
kind of pricey at 1,500 British Pounds (about $2,500), but still fun to think
about.  Anyone familiar with Chestnut Classics?

Gordon Buck
Sultan, Washington
71 TR6  CC62806
67 MGB GT