Re: GT6 oil filters

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 oil filters
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:56:28 -0800
Barry, et al.
        Below is a reprint of an e-conversation with the original poster.
Further
information immensly clarifies this listing. Current Crosland catalog says
"GT6 1967-74   some 520 , some 676"
(the 676 is also for TR6)   520 is 44.93MM tall
the 676 is 70.21MM tall. Both OE 125714 for Delco and 125713 for Purolator
cross to Crosland 676.
Go figger.      Peter C (still Triumphless)

-------------------

        Notice I said "listed as" thereby deflecting acusations of errant info.
Is
the difference actually between Purolator and AC Delco cannister assemblies
as I seem to recollect? Since I started in this biz our after-market
catalogs always showed w/ or w/o oilcooler for the GT6 and TR6 filters. I
soon learned to stop asking and sell the big one.
Cheers  Peter

At 08:52 AM 11/20/98 -0800, Barry Schwartz wrote:

>>Actually the number is an F5525, it fits 66-74 GT6 with an oil cooler.
>I'm not sure where the information is coming from, but all the listings I
>have are for the same filter weather fitted with an oil cooler or not.  I
>have a factory type oil cooler fitted and I use the same (GFE-138) filter
>as the cars not equipped.  Please enlighten me if I'm in error-
>

>Barry Schwartz (San Diego) bschwart@pacbell.net
>
>72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
>70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
>70 Spitfire

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets at 5 clubs in WI
          Feb. 5 - 7 1999