Magic clutch in my SAAB

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Magic clutch in my SAAB
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:01:11
Just as a sidebar....

I just had the OEM clutch in our 1988 SAAB 9000 replaced for the first time.

FYI - The presssure plate was a Borg and Beck and the clutch disk was a
Sachs.  Gee! I wonder where the information for the diaphragm clutch "magic
clutch" combination came from <sarcasm>.  No, there wasn't a Toyota
throwout bearing in there too, but there was still a little meat left on
the clutch disk after 145,000 miles.

This car runs Redline MTL in the gearbox too, just like my TR3.  Ya gotta
love having two cars, with a common ancestral line.  The highly successful
SAAB four banger is a derivative of the TR7.

Jack