Re: "Moving" the TR6 clutch pedal?

To: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Subject: Re: "Moving" the TR6 clutch pedal?
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:02:28 -0500
Cc: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
A very common problem on different Lotus automobiles (old and new models
including the new Elise) that uses a red hose for the clutch fluid, it
is known as the "red hose syndrome". It is more common in rear engined
cars where the engine bay heat softens the hose and where there is a
long length of hose being used( front clutch pedals t0 rear of car. The
problem is also much worse in 90 degree and above temperatures which
really does havoc on the hose.  Many Lotus Turbo Esprits experience this
problem of not having a clutch or it engaging right at the floor and the
common fix is using steel braided hose as a replacement. In fact Dave
Bean engineering sells a "red hose kit" for Lotus models. The clutch
hydraulic system on the Turbo Esprit is very close to that of the TR7.

Lenny Seidman

--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA