New Tonneau - Done!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Tonneau - Done!
From: "Eley, Bill W" <Bill_Eley@AIMFUNDS.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:59:26 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded with advice on how to fit the new tonneau
cover to my TR4.  I used a little of everyones' suggestions and it was a
success.  A couple of key points - I did have the old tonneau, and was
tempted to just match the fasteners on the new with their positions on the
old.  Before I did that, I did a lot of measuring and stretching and
marking, in case the old was stretched out or misshaped, and it turns out
that they matched up pretty well.  The new tonneau from Moss was
fractionally larger than the old, and did not have hold-down the strap
underneath.  I also bought a standard grommet kit and leather hole punch at
the hardware store, and these were basically the only tools I needed.  The
bright and sunny 80 degree day didn't hurt either.

Bill Eley
62 TR4