TR3B Engine Rebuilding: What Order

Subject: TR3B Engine Rebuilding: What Order
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:51:01 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,

I've got a question as to what is the best order to do some things during my
rebuild. Should I completely clean up and reassemble the block while the
head stays grungy and wrapped in a plastic bag; or should I get both the
block and head cleaned up at the same time (and therefore, reassembled at
more or less the same time). I would prefer to concentrate solely on the
block until it is done; but I worry about after re-assembly will problems
arise if the block with all nicely cleaned and lubed components has to sit
awhile and wait for the head to catch up?

Thanks for any advice from those who've already been there and done that!

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B (now a frame and a suspension)