Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs

To: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>, "George R. Parker" <gpark@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 06:20:25 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Tom,
Sure sounds like you are spending a lot of money to replace a $25 mechanical
fuel pump.  But, it's your money.  Remember that you can not install a fuel
pressure gauge inside the cockpit of the car without an isolator tube.  This
is to keep fuel from entering the passenger compartment should a leak occur
at the gauge. A good quality gauge and isolator will cost about $100, a good
quality fuel pressure regulator will cost about $100, and a fuel cutoff
switch will be another $50.  Not to mention the $150 for the pump.  Unless
you are racing the car in an sanctioned racing event,  these mods are not
required.  Than you need to ask yourself, " Do I need to spend $400 plus
dollars for this, and will it make my car run any better?".  Unfortunately
the answer is probably not.

I know the costs because of what I have spent for my race car.  But than
agian, To make big HP require big bucks.  But than again my car is running
at the drag strip and not on the road.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Perfomance
Houston, Texas