Re: ZS 150 to 175 Conversion

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ZS 150 to 175 Conversion
From: Maurice Dykes <mhdykes@thinkage.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:44:29 -0500
At 02:06 PM 12/1/98 , you wrote:

>Well, Maurice,
>
>it looks like you may have the right idea! Apparently, there's limited
>horizontal space (inner wheel arch) as well, which leaves little room
>for a spacer between the carbs and manifold anyway!
>Currently looking at modifying the manifold to fit the carbs...

Just remember when you are adding material to extend the front flange
area downwards and port the opening lower than original. This will
require filling in the top of the port opening a bit depending on your
port/carb size. I went to a 2" carb which was taller than a 175
therefore my manifold is more radical than your requirements.

I am looking for a digital camera loan so I can post some pictures of a
spare manifold I have worked on.

-Maurice