Re: RICHARDS LeMans racer

To: rstieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RICHARDS LeMans racer
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 09:15:25 +0000
Le Sarthe, France, eh?

> I saw that car last season during a wine tasting junket.
> Had a marmot family nested in the drivers seat, though, so I passed.  (gas)
> How much for the roundels?
> rick stieg '75 Spit.

Hmmm, seems to me that my cunning ruse has been detected!!!! :-)

Now for a serious type thingy, Anyone got any idea what would cause a VERY
noisy rumbling in first gear only, I assume it's a bearing in there somewhere?
It's been  like it for about 3 years now, it's just getting a bit louder
lately, so I think dropping the clutch at 6000rpm ain't too good an idea
anymore!! :-(  :-)

Rich

ps, Have we had any good arguments as to British beer being better than US beer
since I've been gone? :-) :-) :-)

pps, Is Henry Frye still around?  If so, sorry I don't think I ever replied to
your last email to me. :-)