TR3 axle bumper stops

To: cpike@mgl.ca
Subject: TR3 axle bumper stops
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <Brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 07:40:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have just received two new bump rubbers, which are slid over and
attached to the rear axle of the TR3A. Maybe I'm missing something, but
the only way I can see to install these is to remove the axle tubes from
the differential housing.

Cliff,

You could pull the axles to install the bumpers, but you might be the first
one to do it.

I thought the same thing, but the folks at TRF (I think it was TRF) told me
to slit the rubber bump stop on one side (I chose the back) and use 3M
Super Weather Strip Adhesive, in addition to the wire ties.  So far, this
has worked great for a few years.

Enjoy your TR,

Jack