Re: Help For A Novice

To: ColhardC@cadmus.com
Subject: Re: Help For A Novice
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:57:04 -0800
Cc: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
"Colhard, Chuck" wrote:

> Good Evening Fellow Triumph Enthusiasts:

Welcome...
[snip]

> 2) About every fourth or fifth time I attempt to start the car, I get a loud
> click, and that's it. No go. I'll push it off and it will start fine and
> run. Next fourth or fifth time, same dilemna. Does this sound like a bad
> starter relay?

When Toyota starters go bad with these symtoms (after about 120 K miles),
it is the brushes in the starter not making good enough contact in
some positions (possibly due to the bearings in the starter being
worn out). I don't know if triumph starters suffer the same fate.

PS: In case you didn't know, there is also a spitfires list
hosted on team.net.  If you want, you can sub to it in the same way you
did this list, with spitfires instead of triumphs. Of course spit
content is welcome on the triumphs list as well.

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com