Results of requests for TR3 exhaust recommendations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Results of requests for TR3 exhaust recommendations
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:34:25 -0800
Cc: RDB52670@aol.com

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had any preferences
on an exhaust system for a TR3. I received five responses.

The three people who have stainless systems are very happy
with them. They feel that they sound good and the fit/finish
are fine.

The two people who tried Monza systems thought they were too
loud.

One person prefered the sound of the stock system and another
said that the stock system sounded "ok."

A couple of people felt that the old Abarth systems were the best
sounding systems ever. After doing a web search I found a place
named "Italy's Famous Exhaust", http://www.famousexhaust.com/,
who says they have "Orignial Abarth Systems Available" for TR3-4As
at a price of $350.00. I'm trying to get more info about these
systems and will report what I find.

So far it looks like the stainless systems are in the lead but
I'm not buying yet.

Thanks to everyone who responded,
Drew

--