Re: What to do with *half* a Surrey Top

To: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: What to do with *half* a Surrey Top
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:14:10 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Tom Goodwin <tgoodwin@corp.auspex.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Trevor Jordan wrote:

> >My recently purchased 71 TR6 came with half a surrey top; that is to say
> >the window section.  It appears the PO managed to destroy/lose the center
> >section.  I assume this is the same surrey top that was fitted to TR4s.

> The TR6 did not come with a Surrey top.  The Surrey top was designed for
> the TR4/4A/5/250 body shape.  Perhaps after fitting the rear windscreen,
> the PO discovered that roof would not fit.  It might be best to sell the
> part Surrey top and revert to a standard TR6 top.

I *think* that the middle of the body tub is shared all thruout the
big-body (TR4-TR6) line.

I know they use the same door skins, and the same front windshield
capping.  The radius around the center of the rear is also the same.

Anyone got both a TR6 & TR4/4A/250/5?  Care to make some measurement &
comparisons??

I had a TR6 top on my TR4; however the DPO claimed it was a custom job
done by a boat shop.  (was ripped to shreds by the time I got to it).

Maybe sometime I will try to fit my TR4 hardtop on a TR6.

-Malcolm ('62 TR4)
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm