Tranny Cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tranny Cover
From: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 15:11:33 -0800
Hi List: From experience-use your original tunnel if at all possible. I
have purchased two of the "new space age" molded covers and found the
fit to be terrible.Tried them on both a TR3 and now the TR4. I ended up
on my TR4 that I am finishing, cleaning and repairing the original
because it fit well. I think now, the only way to hope to get the new
ones to fit even close, is to start with the mounting bolts at the
engine end (front of the tranny). I tried to fit it from the propeller
shaft end forward and was not even close by the time I got to the front.
To be redundant-use the original if at all possibe.
Dennis Barr