RE: list of helpers for trip

To: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Subject: RE: list of helpers for trip
From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:33:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I do not live on the coast - I am more in the middle of NC. But, if a
Triumph owner is in my area and needs help, we will do what we can. We know
the good mechanics in the area. We have a small shop with plenty of tools,
compressor, jacks, etc. We also have a big home with 5 bedrooms and 5 baths.

If you are near the intersection of I-77 and I-40 and need help, give me a
call or page.

If there is not a list of folks willing to help, one sure should be created
and published.

There is a VTR Travel Assistance Program and the details are at
http://www.vtr.org/travel/travel-form.html. below is a partial copy of the
page.

"One of the benefits of VTR Membership is participation in VTR Travel
Assistance Program (VTAP). Simply put, the Travel Assistance Program is a
"self-help" plan, where British car enthusiasts offer whatever help they can
to other enthusiasts unfortunate enough to break down on the road. You don't
have to be a mechanical expert to participate, just willing to offer
whatever help you can to a fellow enthusiast. Participants in the program
are listed in the booklet by state, county and city, to make it easy to
locate someone nearby in case you're in trouble. We will list only your name
and telephone number for security reasons. The booklet is small enough to
fit easily in your car."

TW

--
Thomas P. Winslow
1966 TR4A IRS - CTC57665L <> 1968 TR250 - CD4783L <> 1968 TR250 - CD5272L <>