Re: Turbo or Supercharge??

To: bollen@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Turbo or Supercharge??
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:46:46 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-12-06 16:01:14 EST, bollen@ibm.net writes:

> What about nitro? I saw a TR6 so equipped at the TRF party. Looked very
>  professional. Unfortunatel;y, the owner was not around. Seems like a
cheaper
> way
>  to get another 50HP.Anybody been there, done that???

Stu,

Nitro (I assume you are talking about nitrous oxide, which is an oxygen
enrichment, rather than nitro-methane, which is a fuel) is indeed a cheap way
to get some quick HP, but you are very limited in its application. Power boost
is only available as long as you have gas in the bottle, but it's used up
pretty quickly. NO is really only suitable for very short bursts of power,
such as in a drag race. For continious usage, a nitrous bottle would be
consumed in just a very few moments, if you are going to get any serious HP
boost.

You don't even want to think about using nitro-methane as a fuel for street
usage.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html