(Fwd) RE: Gauges rebuilding tip

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Fwd) RE: Gauges rebuilding tip
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:12:40 -0600
>From "Nabors, Steve" <NaborsS@VMCMAIL.com>

I just cleaned mine('74 TR6) and the "black sealant" actually turned out
to be a melted black rubber o-ring seal as some of my instruments did not
have the dried hardened on stuff yet they had a black rubber seal inside.
Apparently this is what had melted on some of my instruments.

A tip Arthur Kelly gave me was to use a Q-tip and apply EndDust to the
faces of your gauges.  It will give the dark wet look and will stay on for
a long time.

I'm having trouble sending to the list so add this to the thread if you
would.